Some of you have maybe noticed that I joined the Team of BlogSecurity(BS), I found that site just after its release and I had some luck to discover David Kierznowskis Website before(which lead me to BlogSecurity). The first contribution was just in the way to tell my opinion about the covered themes at BS, as well as submitting new flaws found within WordPress. David asked me if I would like to join his team and I agreed, as I ever was interested in the security area. After some discussions about what we can do, I started working on the first Plugin for BS.
The WP Prefix Table changers aim is it to change your WordPress table prefix from wp_ to something different, which should be as much as possible randomly to prevent possible attackers from SQL injections as they don’t know your table names. Or at least you can improve the security, as no 100% guarantee can be given. The tool changes automatically your table prefixes to your new given value, as well as some hardcoded values within the table. If possible the wp-config.php file is updated as well, if that’s not possible you get all needed information to change it manually.
With that tool it’s quite easy to improve your security, and keep it at least in this area quite secure as if something ever should cause a wp-database Error and you saw it/got noticed you can change the prefix in the same step as you fix the reason for the problem.
If you like the plugin, let it us know. Also comment if you dislike something or want something added.
PS: Add BlogSecurity to your favourite websites, as we just started to improve the wp-community security! The next plugin is comming soon!
Tags: BlogSecurity, Security, SQL Injection, Table Prefix, Wordpress