Posts Tagged “release”

Problems

I just checked my Blog today and what did I notice? At First my Template was set back to the default one, don’t know what caused that…but mostly it has the same reason as the cause of this MySQL error:
WordPress Database Error: WordPress isn’t able to create the following temporary SQL file #sql.2076.txt
or something like that was the Message. I was surprised, as well as I had no clue what the cause was. So I started a search on my Server to find some tmp folders, and luckily I found some. I changed to the /tmp dir, and there was already some #sql file in it. After I dropped the file everything was working fine again. The reason for this issue was mostly caused by the latest Server restart, maybe it was restarted after the file was created, but before the file was dropped again…At least that would it explain for me, as the file wasn’t there any more although after several visits of my website.

New WP version

Since one day there’s a new WordPress Version of the latest trunk available, the version 2.3.2 fixes a possible XSS attack, as well as several information leaks are closed. One of the biggest surprises(positive ones) is that WordPress Error messages are now only displayed if your Blog runs in WP_DEBUG mode, so it’s now by default not so easy to gain Informations about your Database structure in order to perform successful SQL Injection attacks on your Website.

So anyone who runs already WP 2.3 should upgrade to the latest release in order to have the biggest possible Protection. For everyone who uses an earlier version, should run BlogSecurity’s bs-wp-noerrors to have this feature as well.

Download WordPress 2.3.2

Tags: none

Tags: BlogSec, release, Security, Wordpress

Comments No Comments »

The last few days I had problems to enter the Backend of my WordPress account. I just read what the reason was.
Michael dropped some Blacklist from his Server, so every checked IP was reported as bad one, and therefore blocked, although legit Users and the Site owner as well. I fought that problem by disabling the Plugin as I wasn't able to locate the reason of the problem.

Anyway I just read a post where the cause is explained and where a new Version is made public which fixes the Problem. Mostly it will as well influence the usage of phBadBehave(although I can't verify it as I don't run any phpBB 2.x board anymore) Although I planed to stop the Support for phBad Behave, I'm releasing another Version which will fix the problems, but that will mostly be the last Version for phpBB 2.x.

As phpBB 3.0 is now finally available, I'm starting the offical work on the BadBehavior Port for this Version, I hope that I can release a first version soon. But as I'm currently quite busy with my studies and other stuff it could take a while, but I'm optimistic.

Tags: none
Tags: Bad Behaviour, phBad Behave, release

Comments 2 Comments »

Bad Behavior has blocked 6301 access attempts in the last 7 days.